Saturday 16 April 2016

Winning Mark's the spot

As the weekend approaches and I tear back through the week's work I cant help but admire a man who is becoming a well known figure with the sport of Kings.  Mark Casse is doing many big things and is doing it at a very nice pace.

Catch a Glimpse the daughter of City Zip and Halo River has now reeled off five straight wins in a row. What an impressive win last time out at Keeneland ridden by Florent Geroux to win the Appalachian stakes.

On Saturday the big mare Tepin will be trying to reel off Five wins a in a row herself.  These days Mark Casse has the french guys doing the dirty work on the sweet horses as Julien Leparoux will be on board Tepin to try make another french five in a row.

After winning the Santa Anita Derby with Exaggerator, Keith Desormeaux is hoping to swipe away the Lexington field with Swipe!  Last year this horse looked like he was challenging Nyquist at the Breeders cup Juveniles race and he sure looked good.

April 16

Keeneland

race 6
Street Song last time in stakes competition at Tampa Bay looked like she was threatening then faltered in traffic.  Will give this one a nod and a wink.

race 7
DOYOUKNOWSOMETHING  this horse is fit. Does he fit in with this group is yet to tell.  Flavien Prat comes to ride swipe but I just wonder if there is a trick in the bag!

race 8
Eden Prairie is my pick here, big strong strides at the end last time out in mediocre competition but I am curious about the move here and welcome her to the pack.

race 9
There is a Bob Baffert Javier Castellano combination, very rear but Collected will be trying to do his thing for this team.  Big Squeeze is a quirky kinda horse that looks to be in training, I am hoping he has grown with some drills. He is my pick for an upset but Swipe is the one to beat.

race10
Tepin is the horse to beat, she is my pick and will be trying to make it five wins in a row for Casse.

Oaklawn Park

race 8
Tisdale should fit right into contention here and take the win.

race 11
I looked at this race and tried different angles, I came up with the same conclusion every time.  Cupid not only looks good but it sounds good saying his name.  He has natural speed and I really like this one here.

Woodbine

race 8
Treasuring is my pick here, its a very small field and she seem like she is ready to go.

April17

Woodbine Thoroughbred

race8

Beliveau is my pick.  The combination of Mark Casse and Patrick Husbands catches my eyes and here I will stay.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment