Friday 20 May 2016

Eight In A Row Means Defeat Is Near

When he took his picture the last eight times the doubters still thought they would beat him next time so why would Preakness day be any different?  The champ is here the champ is here!  The champ in question is Nyquist who to this day still haven't lost a race and have beaten every single horse who tried to run with him.  So why is there no real hype surrounding this horse compared to American Pharoah?  perhaps the name isn't as catchy as the triple crown winner who gave the fans what they wanted in a hero in 2015.  

I need a legitimate reason to not pick Nyquist but every single factor makes me want to pick him to win this race.  Even if he wins the Preakness I guarantee that the doubters wont pick him to win the Belmont Stakes. Why don't we like this horse?  He is honest and he has given his owners one sweet ride so far straight down the stretch.  

Here is my reason why I dont like him in this race.  I never liked Pimlico track and it is not the best track for an exciting horse race.  Is that fair?  Is that a reason to discredit the champ?  Will one of these other horses really match the speed of the champ?  Sure, they may try but he has beaten the best three year old colts so far in the USA.  

Nyquist is still the one to beat and on that note I pick Fellowship over him.


My Picks

Woodbine May 21st

Race 1 - Get'erdonebud deserves another shot and a trip to the finish line.

Race 3 - Seffeara

Race 5 - Another Bid is my Long shot.

Race 8 - Songs and Laughter 

Pimlico May 21

Race 13 - Nyquist is the one to beat here but I definitely select  Fellowship.


Woodbine May 22nd 

Race 8 - Jennifer Lynette

Race 9 - The Mink Mile

Race 10 - Indiscreet Cat

Race 5 - Cool Cat Jazz 






No comments:

Post a Comment