Sunday 24 April 2022

Meet Jalen Craigwell - He Breathes Horse Racing


This young man stands by and watches the horses and the jockeys as they pass by one by one at the Woodbine racetrack.

I couldn't resist asking him if he was a jockey because he had the built as if he could be one.  

After my introduction, I was pleasantly surprised by what I found out from him.  

The young man grew up in the city of Bridgetown, Barbados.  As a kid, he would casually ride horses to the beach just like many young boys did who hung around the horse stables on the island. As we spoke some more he revealed to me his early dreams of being a jockey and his love for the sport.  During his high school days, he watched many races from his laptop while boys his age were doing other things like playing soccer and other extracurricular activities.

Jalen clearly has thought about the sport of horse racing and what he wishes to contribute to the sport.



No comments:

Post a Comment